The TAB 400 is here. NüCamp RV debuted the prototype for the “next BIG thing in ultra-light-weight towable campers” at the Elkhart RV Open House. Reactions from dealers was ultra swift and ultra positive.
Here are just a few of the comments we heard from dealers as they toured this unique, modern camper at yesterday’s introduction, which was featured by the Small Trailers Enthusiast:
“This has everything!”
“Love the European styling.”
“Wow! A real bathroom.”
“I can sell these. People will love them.”
Facts about the TAB 400
Here are some of the features prompting positive comments about the new camper:
- Ample living space but still easy to tow at a target weight of 2,300-2,600 pounds. The TAB 400 is just three feet longer, one foot wider, and one foot taller than the standard TAB. At its apex, the TAB 400 has about 6’7″ of headroom.
- Separate bedroom area and eating areas.
- A fully equipped, roomy wet bath, complete with toilet, sink, shower, and built-in storage.
- A closet with clothes bar and shelves.
- 100 percent aluminum framing, ALDE and FROLI systems.
Inspiration, production for the TAB 400
The American version was in the design phase for 10 months and was inspired by Europe’s TAB 400. Therefore, nüCamp RV designed it in response to TAB fans and owners who had seen the European model and wanted to get their own, said Allen Miller, nüCamp’s director of R&D.
The TAB 400 is expected to go into production early in 2017, according to Scott Hubble, chief executive officer of nüCamp RV.
Pricing for the new model has not been established yet. “But our dealers are independently owned and operated and can set their price for their markets,” Hubble said.
Our Facebook post yesterday made it clear that TAB fans are eager to see photos of the new model – hence the photos below.