So you’re thinking about joining the “RV Lifestyle”. You’ll need to decide what kind of camper you should invest your hard-earned money in. A motor home? Class A or B? Or maybe a large towable camper?
We think you should buy a truck camper. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve been listening to the reasons that our customers give for buying a truck camper, and we’ve distilled the list down to a “9 Reasons to Buy a Truck Camper”. We’d love to hear your reasons, though, because we know that there are a lot more than just nine.
Leave us some comments and let us know why you decided to buy a truck camper, even if it wasn’t a Cirrus Truck Camper. We love sharing our expertise with the camping and recreational vehicle community, and we are always eager to hear feedback from RV enthusiasts, so don’t be shy!
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Truck Camper
- RV Parks are a last resort, not a first choice in overnight accommodations. You want to get off the beaten path and stay somewhere with a view.
- You’re an urban explorer, too, and towing a trailer through New York City is…well…just not your idea of a relaxing holiday.
- What about your boat? Ever tried launching your boat from the back of a Class-B? Good luck with that one, as you’ll likely end up spinning your tires.
- Fly under the radar without irking neighbors and local authorities. We have heard from customers that, unlike towable RVs and motor homes, truck campers are much less likely to draw the ire of neighbors. You can probably visit the in-laws for a few days without creating a scandal in the homeowner’s association.
- Save on vehicle registration and insurance. It’s likely that you don’t need to register your camper since only 14 states require that. If you’re like us, you probably want to hold onto as much money as you can!
- Go where no man has gone before! Face it, there are just some places where you can’t take a Class-B motor home or a towable RV. They are certainly not candidates for going off-road. A truck camper gives you that option.
- If maintenance cost is important to you–and it should be–you’ll be pleased to learn that truck campers are significantly cheaper to maintain. It makes sense. They don’t have any moving parts that contact the highway, so there’s no engine, no tires, and no wheel bearings to maintain.
- It’s a great “Plan B” in case the you know what hits the fan. Wildfires, floods, gas leaks…these have all been in the news lately. If you end up getting displaced for some period of time, for whatever reason, chances are that hotels will fill quickly and you may not be able to get a room…or it will cost you a king’s ransom if you do find one. A truck camper makes for a great bug-out vehicle.
- Drop the camper, and use the truck to get your work done. Need some firewood? Just drop the camper and head for the woods! Going to be on a worksite for a few days? It only takes about 5 minutes to jettison your load, and you’re ready to get to work. Oh…your truck camper makes for a great mobile office, too!
These are just a few of the reasons for owning a truck camper. However, truck campers come in all forms of sizes and features. As you might imagine, we’re a bit partial to the Cirrus Truck Camper line that we manufacture right here in Sugarcreek, Ohio. Our truck campers are innovative and include as standard features many amenities and conveniences found only as expensive options and add-ons with competing truck camper products.
We encourage you to visit your local Cirrus Truck Camper dealer to see the difference in quality and craftsmanship. We think you’ll be impressed, and you might even be convinced to buy a truck camper!
Why not check out our new 2021 Cirrus 820 Truck Camper?