So you own a TAB CS or CS-S? We hope you’re loving it. But to continue loving it during cold, winter months, you’re going to want to prepare it properly. Winterizing your TAB may seem complicated, but it’s actually pretty easy. Just follow the 7 steps below and you’ll be all set!
*Please note: If you have indoor storage that stays above freezing, you do not have to winterize your camper.
How to Winterize Your TAB
- Open drain valves, faucets and shower valves to allow water to drain from the system.
- Keep the drain valves and faucets open and attach the “Blow Out Plug” (see figure 1.1) to the city water connection. Attach the air supply to blow out the water from the system. (Pressurize water line slowly. MAX 50 PSI.)
- Close all the faucets and and position the valves to “Winterization Mode” as show in figure 1.2 to bypass the Alde Heat & Water System. (You are not required to flush the Alde Heat System with antifreeze, although if you choose to do so you won’t ruin the heater.)
- Pour 2-3 gallons of RV antifreeze into the fresh water tank and open each faucet until antifreeze starts coming out of the faucet. Continue going through the trailer until you winterized all faucets, then flush the toilet until you see the antifreeze. If you choose to tun the antifreeze through the Alde heater, you’ll need about 4 gallons of antifreeze.
- Pour some antifreeze down each drain to fill the drain traps with antifreeze.
- Drain out the antifreeze from the black and grey tanks.
- Wah-lah! You’re done!